One of The Survival Mosque at 24.12.04 : Mesjid baiturrahim, Ulee Lheue.

24 . 12 . 2004 . 

at the morning time around 8 o'clock. the biggest earthquake hit my  my hometown, Banda Aceh-Aceh-Indonesia. It's almost 9 righter scale. At that time, I wasn't here beside my family. I was in somewhere else far from my home and we were in different island of my country.

when I heard about the earthquake, I was panic and suddenly crying. it's because I dont know about my family. where are they, are they safe enough, or where they went for escaping they self ..

can you  imagine, how big the earthquake and then the biggest sea wave came up from the sea and swap away everything in that town. I was hopeless and very sad.

 but, several hours of waiting and finally I could contact my family and the were safe (//\\) ..
alhamdulillah ..

from my story, can you imagine what kind of place that would survive when the biggest earthquake and tsunami hit your town ? nobody knows about it. 

the survival mosque




the survival mosque . yeah, Mosque ! it's the only places that was survive when the disaster hit Banda Aceh. I dont what God can do, but It's already planned by him and everything possible for him.  when earthquake and tsunami hit Banda Aceh, there are several mosque that survived and different location. and the nosque is the only place that keep you safe during the arthquake and the tsunami. Subhanallah..

at this time, on Monday (22th of April 2013) I got a chance to visit aone of the survival mosque which is located at Ulee Lheue. as you know, this place is the most destroyed place by the disaster because it's located near to the beach. this mosque is called, Mesjid baiturrahim.

   
FYI . this mosque is built when the colonial era. and if you look closer to this mosque you will found that this mosque is look like Mesjid raya Baiturrahman which is the landmark of Banda Aceh.  and, also there is no minaret at that time untill the tsunami hit this mosque.

 well, this time let me show what I got from my hunting at this place. I would show you some details also the framing of this mosque. but, I'll show from the gates first. okay ! :D









'gates'

the entrance gates
 here is the pictures of the mosque's gates. here you can find that the gate's architecture is dominating all of the islamic architecture. the expansion of Islam brings us to this kind of architecture and It's already started at Prophet Muhammad SAW era.




here is the sky view from the gates. so beautiful :))
Let's continue our trip to the mosque its self ! :D


'Mosque'










yeah, you will find the history of this mosque from the internet. but, I'll show what kind of mosque and the detail that already been there since dutch era till now. let's check it out !


this is the view of the mosque. at this angle you would see the whole facade of the except the detail of rooftop and the kubah. 








front facade





the front facade of the mosque. full of the calligraphy and ornaments which is dominating the mosque facade. 


 









the mosque's pillars . 
you can look at the column. you would know how strong the column. the column that keep the mosque from the dutch era till now.

I think, we can learn something from this.
we need to be strong and Allah always with us.. 








  
 

as I said before I would show you some detail that presenting the dutch era. here is some window's detail that presenting the colonial architecture.
























the minaret and it's surrounding 

the minaret, this is the new construction from the mosque that was built after tsunami hit the mosque. I remember, when I was child I never see them. But, I just knew that the minaret was built after the disaster happened. we all knew that the minaret is built for calling people to take their prayer on the right time(on time). I think, they built the minaret for remembering the people around this area to not forget the God. so, do your prayer on time ..

the 2nd stair of the mosque and the minaret

here is our skyscraper










this is the window detail from the minaret. they didnt make it different from the mosque style. they keep the window style but they put it in different color.

framing the minaret - bw
I will light your darkness
portrait framing



























































at the afternoon, I got a chance to see some kids who are praying on the mosque. they are learning how to read Al-Qur'an and they do it sincerely. we should follow them, because going to this place and reciting the Al-Qur'an is one of the way to get Allah's bless and one of the way to get a better place in the other world.

























amin.
-hanan-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

clouds clouds clouds